Grand Reopening Day
Be there to witness the spectacular reopening of The Suter’s doors with Te Whatukura Kapa haka group, Nelson City Brass and special effects.
Come as an artwork, an artist or costume design of your choice. The Suter is inviting everyone to come along to the opening dressed ‘Artfully’. It could simply be a brightly coloured ensemble or something much more haute couture. Judges will be roaming the spaces all day with spot prizes.
- Hugh Neill presents a lively and educational vocal recital: The Suter Art Gallery from Birth to Rebirth lasting approx 15 minutes. Three performances in the refurbished theatre starting at noon, 1.30pm and 3pm
- Kapa haka and cultural entertainment
- The Boathouse Choir
- Live music with singer-songwriter Bryce Wastney, violinist Juliet Ayre and cellist Lissa Cowie, violinists Margaret and Aeris Jackson, Nelson City Brass and Nelson pianists throughout the afternoon.
- Faerie Lou magical fun, Face painting with Meredith Thorpe, Balloon twisting with Flossie Balloons
- Interactive art board, put yourself in the picture – become part of a very special work from The Suter Collection
- Draw your own portrait in the new education room
Outside activities in and around the Queens Gardens
- Plein Air Artists of Nelson, live demonstration from Plein Air Artists of Nelson
- Art Market, artworks for sale from a collection of Nelson Suter Art Society artists
- Vintage rowboats and Spoonaker on the eel pond
- Walk the new Sculpture Trail
Best 3 tweets on the day win a prize
Best 3 Instagram posts on the day win a prize
Culture, entertainment, spot prizes all day + much more!