The Suter shop has a wide range of handmade crafts ranging through jewellery, ceramics, homewares, wood crafts, books and Gallery merchandise making it the perfect place to get that special gift you’re looking for.
There is something for everyone and we’re proud that most of what we sell is locally produced, highlighting the diversity of art and creativity which is found in the region of Nelson.
When purchasing from the shop you can be assured that you are helping to support the many artists and the Art Gallery, which is enjoyed by visitors both local and traveling.
Some of the artists that we stock:
- Sue Broad, handweaver, Nelson
- Susanne Williamson, Fabric Artist, Nelson
- Tania Carey, ceramics, Golden Bay
- Louise Douglas, jeweller, Nelson
- Steve Fullmer, ceramics, Upper Moutere
- Mark James, Raku ceramics, Punakaiki
- Duncan Mackay, jeweller, Nelson
- Royce McGlashen, ceramics, Brightwater, Nelson
- Fumio Noguchi, bone carver, Nelson
The Suter book People, Places, Perspectives – Artworks from the collection can be purchased online.
The Suter shop is located in the foyer between the galleries and the very popular café.