Artist Eve Armstrong will present her ongoing project Trading Table at The Suter Art Gallery from 17 – 18 March 2018 between 12 and 4:30pm.
Trading Table involves the artist setting up a table in a public place and inviting people to trade with her for something on the table. Trading Table deals in multiple currencies including ideas, information, skills, services and items. Most participants encounter the table unexpectedly and work with the artist and her assistants to devise a trade on the spot. These trades are simply written on fluorescent card and displayed on the table.
Previous trades have included:
- 1 month of motivational text messaging
- 5 ukulele lessons
- interior plastering services
- dinner for 4 and a private tour at an artist collective’s gallery space
- a personalised handmade birthday card sent every year for 5 years
- 2-hour professional DJ set
- a portrait of your pet by a 4-year old
- a day of1:1 print-making tuition
- a 7 x 7cm tattoo
- a German meal delivered to your door
- sober driving services (with conditions)
Trading Table has previously been presented in Sydney at Spring 1883 (2017) and throughout Auckland, New Zealand including as a solo presentation with Michael Lett at Auckland Art Fair (2016), Turbulence 3rd Auckland Triennial (2007) and Roam at Artspace, Auckland (2005).