The Bishop Suter and his wife Amelia left more than just an art gallery to the people of Nelson. They left a legacy of benefaction and demonstration of community spirit that has been honoured by the community for more than a century.
Community support continues to the present day, through donations to the collection.
For this reason, The Suter can truly claim – above other art galleries in New Zealand – to belong to its community.
You can play a part, and The Suter welcomes support at any level:
- Join as a Friend of The Suter
- Sponsorship: Partner with The Suter to support specific projects
- Donations: Donations in excess of $5 qualify for a tax rebate
- Gift of assets: Art works – either for the collection, or resale, property or shares
- Bequests: Either a sum of money, balance of an estate, and/or assets
The Suter also has a Legacy Group of committed patrons. You can learn more about The Legacy Group and join here.
If you would like to donate funds to The Suter it is easy!
By Direct credit: Our account is ‘The Bishop Suter Trust’ at the ANZ Bank, account no. 06 0705 0439873 00. Please use your surname and initial in the reference field and the code word ‘Gift.’ If you would like a tax receipt please send your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Cheque: Payable to The Bishop Suter Trust and addressed to:
The Suter Art Gallery Te Aratoi o Whakatū
PO Box 751
By Cash: Drop off your donation to The Suter.